SeaRenergy is an independent provider of comprehensive services for all offshore wind industry stakeholders. We are involved in the whole value chain from T&I concept design and installation to operations & maintenance. We offer consulting and engineering services, as well as offshore marine services, QHSE services and the full range of offshore professionals.
We are currently looking for a
Lead Marine Coordinator (m/f/d)
to join us as soon as possible for a defined period until end of December 2023.
- Responsibility for the smooth operation of the Marine Coordination Centre
- Leading a team of Marine Coordinators
- Planning of resources for the Marine Coordinator function
- Preparation and reviewing of Marine Coordination procedures
- Providing input to procurement of site facilities
- Assisting the Site & Commissioning Project Manager in relation to daily issues
- Liaising with the HSE Manager in his/her duties in relation to offshore activities, exercises, incidents and in preparing various plans
- Responsible for the issuing of notices to mariners
- Responsible for offshore site inductions, management of personnel tracking and operation of the vessel coordination system
- Responsible for monitoring and coordinating vessel traffic, personnel and materials to and from the offshore site
- Determining the numbers of support vessels, guard ships etc. needed offshore in coordination with the Site & Commissioning Project Manager
- Establishing and keeping contact to marine authorities
- Assisting the Project Management in handing over Marine functions to O&M
- Assisting the Project Management in transfer of VTMS, offshore values and onshore values to O&M
- Selection and approval of contractors and vessels
- Making arrangements for the use of ports and harbors
- Ensuring conformance with navigational safety and marine policies, associated operating controls and applicable port and marine legislation and non-statutory obligations
- Ensuring auditing of vessels and that operational plans are completed
- Liaising with parties who may be affected by the operations, such as other sea users (fishing, leisure and merchant shipping) and the local port
- Involvement in planning of SIMOPS
- Several years of experience as Master/Chief Officer at sea
- 5 years of experience in similar roles in the offshore wind industry
- STCW 2010 Certified Master Mariner Examination or similar
- Valid GMDSS or VHF certification
- Fluent English language skills (written and spoken)
- Work Permit and Visa for EU
- Full GWO Basic Safety Training certificates, incl. First Aid, Sea Survival, Fire Awareness, Working at Heights, and Manual Handling
We offer the opportunity to work independently and on your own responsibility in a dynamic team and an extraordinarily interesting working environment.
The place of work will be at the Marine Coordination Centre in Pleudaniel / Lézardrieux (France).
The Lead Marine Coordinator will be provided with an apartment in the vicinity of the MCC. In addition, travel costs for regular visits to the respective home country (Europe) will be covered.
Through direct involvement in operational issues, you will get the chance to develop yourself personally at SeaRenergy. You will have the opportunity to actively participate in processes and projects and gain a comprehensive insight into the wind offshore industry.
Please send your application with your expected salary / day rate, your earliest possible starting date and copies of your certificates via our online application portal (www.searenergy.com/career)